Who manages this website?
This website [mykidscareer.com] is operated by The Skills Development Scotland Co. Limited, a company registered in Scotland with company number SC202659 and having its registered office at Monteith House, 11 George Square, Glasgow G2 1DY ("we" or "us")
What information do we collect about you?
You provide some data yourself:
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
We collect some data automatically:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation). We use this data to help us improve the website and the services we provide to you.
We will never ask unnecessary questions beyond what is required to provide you with the best service.
We only process your personal information based on your consent. If you wish to withdraw your consent that is no problem – please let us know this through one of the contact methods listed in the ‘Contact’ section at the bottom of this notice.
How do we use your data?
We use your data to undertake a number of activities:
- to administer the website
- to improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- to enable your use of the services available on the website
- to send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- to send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- to send you newsletters and other marketing communications which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- to address enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
- to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer
- to provide you with access to certain parts of our website
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business
- to contact you for your views on our services.
- provide you with effective careers advice
How do we protect your information?
Skills Development Scotland maintains a high standard of both physical and network security designed to protect paper or electronic forms of storage to hold and process your personal information.
Information that we hold about you will be subject to rigorous safeguards to ensure that it isn't accessed or disclosed inappropriately. We also take steps so that your information is not damaged or rendered unavailable to those who have a right to see it.
To meet confidentiality requirements for our customers, stakeholders and staff, Skills Development Scotland has Confidentiality, Data Protection, Information Technology and Systems Policies in place and we ensure that staff are fully aware of these and the associated guidance in relation to your personal information. These also apply when we dispose of paper records and delete electronic information in ways that ensure that your information cannot be recreated.
When might we share your information?
We may need to share some of your personal information with partners that work with us to deliver our services to you. Our partners are obliged to keep your information secure and to use the information only to fulfil specific and agreed purposes. We will check where possible that appropriate steps have been taken by the recipient to protect your information.
Because we want your experience of our website to be as informative and useful as possible, we may provide links to websites operated by third parties ("Third-Party Websites").
The website may also include functionality that allows you to publish your information onto third-party websites.
Please be aware that we do not control such Third-Party Websites and that such Third-Party Websites may send their own cookies to users, or otherwise collect data or solicit personal information.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.orgor www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
For more information on cookies which are used on My Kids Career, read our cookies policy.
How long do we store your personal information?
When you give us any personal information we’ll let you know how long we’ll hold it for. If we don’t state a specific length of time, then we will follow these principles:
- We only hold your information for as long as we are running the activities we told you about
- We think about what type of information it is, the amount we have collected, how sensitive it might be and any legal requirements for us to store the data
- We design our services so that we don’t hold your information any longer than we have to, after which we delete it
- We always think about the potential risk from anyone using or sharing this information without permission, and have a number of procedures and checks to ensure only authorised people can view your data.
As of 25th May 2018, you have a number of new rights available to you in terms of making a request to access the personal information we hold on you, to understand what we do with it and request that something be changed. It is completely free to make these requests.
If you wish to find out what these rights are, please find them here and get in touch with one of the contacts listed at the bottom of this notice if you wish to find more information or enact one of these rights.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is The Skills Development Scotland Co. Limited, which is notified to the Information Commissioner as a data controller with registration number Z1445093.
If you remain dissatisfied with our response following any review related to a request you have made regarding your personal data, you are entitled to appeal to the Information Commissioner. Such an application should be sent to the following address:
Information Commissioners Office
Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow SK9 5AF
Alternatively, you can get in touch with our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org